India is preparing for another attack on Pakistan: Qureshi

0 181

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has expressed the fear that India may launch another military attack against Pakistan this month.

Speaking to media persons in Multan on Sunday, FM Qureshi warned New Delhi against any misadventure, saying Pakistan would give a befitting response.

“We have received credible intelligence that India is planning to carry out another Balakot-style attack between April 16 to 20,” he said. “The international community should play its role to stop India.”

“The major powers cannot act as silent spectators. They will have to play a proactive role due to the flashpoint nature of the region.”

The foreign minister said Pakistan fully reserves the right to retaliate and defend itself in case of Indian aggression.

Qureshi said Pakistan has already raise the issue with China, Russia, UK and other members of the UN Security Council regarding India’s plans.

Last month, India said that it had carried out air raids on a militant compound in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Islamabad rejected the Indian claim, saying that scrambled jets, forcing Indian jets to escape. Pakistan said there was no loss of life or property in the Indian raids.

A day later, PAF shot down an Indian plane and captured its pilot, who was released by Prime Minister Imran Khan as a goodwill gesture. The move led to de-escalation of tensions between the two nuclear armed neighbours.

Comments
Loading...