PM approves formation of Foreign Affairs Advisory Council
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved the formation of an advisory council on Foreign Affairs holding 18 members under the chairmanship of the Foreign Minister in its private sector.
According to a notification issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Council will include:
- Abassador (Retd) Salman Bashir
- Ambassador (Retd) Jalil Abbas Jilani
- Ambassador (Retd) Ashraf Jehangir Qazi
- Ambassador (Retd) Mohammad Sadiq
- Dr. Rifaat Hussain
- Dr. Huma Baqai
- Dr. Hasan Askari-Rizvi
- Dr. Adil Najam
- Dr. Rabia Akhter
- Mr. Qasim Niaz
The official members of the Council will include
- Minister for Law and Justice/ Representative
- Minister for Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs/ Representative
- Advisor for Commerce, Textile, Industry & Production and Investment/ Representative \Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms/ Representative
- Foreign Secretary
- Director General, Institute of Strategic Studies, Islamabad
- Director General, Foreign Service Academy
- Additional Secretary Foreign Minister’s Office
All members of the Council will serve in an honorary capacity. The Minister for Foreign Affairs may appoint ad hoc additional Council members with area expertise and field specialization as deemed necessary.
The notification states that the Council will be assisted in its work by a Secretariat compromising designated officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.